BLUE RIDGE was built for an experienced yachtsman with a great amount of attention to maximizing all stowage areas as well as installation of a small mechanical room with excellent access to the engine and mechanical systems. She sleeps 6 in her reverse-cycle air conditioned, varnished mahogany, dinette layout and features a larger navigation station. The boom and main sail are sized for the sloop rig for the SW42, providing more sail area than a traditional SW42 Yawl.
Large comfortable, T-shaped cockpit is well laid-out for large crew or shorthanded sailing with genoa winches within reach of helmsman. The cockpit dodger provides protection and visibility unobscured from the helm.
- Varnished teak-lined interior cockpit coaming and cap
- Sail locker, lazarette and cockpit seat lockers offer lots of storage area.
- Easily viewed engine gauges are cockpit well flush-mounted
- Sailing instruments - in vanished teak box above companionway
Helm binnacle wheel steering:
- Stainless steel 44” steering wheel with an elkhide covered rim.
- Stainless steel binnacle guard
- Fold-down helmsman seat and step
- Engine controls, including kill-switch
- Ritchie 6” compass - binnacle mounted, with chrome cover
- White dodger– has front and side windows and stainless steel elkhide covered grab rail.
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit table – Varnished teak folding table - binnacle mounted
- Glass and mug rack - binnacle mounted
- Cockpit floodlight
- Hot and cold cockpit shower
- Simrad Autopilot with remote – 2 heads; 1@cockpit, 1@nav station
- Loran unit – nav station
- Furuno GPS
- Icom 700 SSB
- Raytheon 215 VHF/FM
- (2) Raymarine E80 multiple nav Display: Cockpit and Nav station
- Raymarine ST60 multi Repeater – Nav Station
- Raymarine ST60 - Windspeed/Wind Direction - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 - Speed & Log - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 – Depthsounder - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 – Compass - Cockpit
- Raymarine ST60 Close-hauled indicator - Cockpit
- Ritchie 6” compass
- Cellular telephone masthead antenna
- Pioneer FM Stereo with CD Player – Nav station
- Remote speakers – cockpit and main cabin
BLUE RIDGE sleeps 6 in two cabins. Cockpit companionway, windows and opening ports and hatches provide natural light and ventilation. The interior is varnished mahogany, with white overhead and teak and holly cabin sole.
- Elliptical door frames, custom hardware, etc.
- Varnished teak integral handrails outboard the interior
- Port and starboard handrails at companionway.
- Interior cushions are finished in Teal UltraSuede.
- Access to the forward partitioned chain locker.
- Interior lighting throughout is by Ocean Frigast fixtures and dome lights
- Oil lamp
Interior comfort is maintained by:
- Espar D4L diesel heater – with outlets in forward cabin, main cabin and head
- Reverse-cycle 16,000 BTU heat/air conditioning – when AC power is available.
Access is from the cockpit, down a companionway ladder that can be stored up and out of the way. The companionway enters the aft Main Cabin that includes the Galley, Nav Station, aft Mechanical Room and forward Main Salon.
- Galley – aft to port
- Machine Room - aft starboard
- Nav Station – Next starboard forward – opposite galley
- Main Salon – with Dinette to port and entertainment center starboard
- Private Head – next forward to port
- Forward Owner’s Stateroom
Starting forward, the Owner Stateroom has:
- V-berth forward – plus Insert to form a double berth.
- Cushioned seat between the V-berths
- Drawer storage is available in drawers below the berths and in lockers above the berths.
- Bureau with locker over outboard
- Hanging locker – cedar lined
- Opening hatch to the foredeck has a screen
- Private entry to the head area
- Separate access forward to the forepeak
The Head is next aft to port, finished with white Formica bulkheads. There is entry from the Main Salon and from the Forward Stateroom:
- Formica countertop with stainless steel sink
- Pressure hot & cold water and fixtures that include a
- Handheld shower with curtain and teak sole grate
- Wilcox-Crittenden “Skipper” head with Lectra-San waste management system
- Linen lockers
- Stainless steel grab rails/towel bars
- Exhaust fan
- One opening port
To port is a U-shaped Dinette with a drop-leaf dining table and U-shaped surround cushioned seating.
- The center seat can slide inboard with cushion to create an extra double berth.
- Outboard lockers are customized to provide liquor locker storage.
Starboard is a transom berth with a pilot berth outboard.
- There are additional drawers under the berth.
- Forward is cedar-lined hanging locker, across from the head.
- After the hanging locker is a small bureau with locker over outboard, before the berths
The Nav Station is aft of the Main Salon and faces forward on the starboard side:
- Full-size opening nav table with storage drawers inboard.
- There is a cushioned nav seat – that opens for storage
- Complete instrumentation mounted in custom cabinetry.
- Electrical panel
- Chart light
- Computer connection
Custom Mechanical Room area is aft of the nav station starboard, outboard the companionway and provides excellent access to engine, transmission, stuffing box, etc. Additional cabinet is built between the nav station and the mechanical room.
Aft to port of the companionway is the U-shaped Galley with white formica countertop.
- Gimbaled Dickinson Mariner P-3 stove with broiler and oven with Marinetics switch, gimbaled in stainless steel enclosure.
- Large double, stainless steel sink
- Pressure hot and cold water plus manual back-up freshwater hand pump and saltwater hand pump.
- Grunert AR-50 refrigeration with eutectic plates.
- Drop-leaf counter inboard
- Fold-down trash bin
- Storage for dishes and silverware
- Knife rack
Separate 12-Volt Systems for starting and accessories:
- Engine Start: 100 amp/hr battery with with 65-amp charging alternator
- Accessories: 450-amp/hrs battery capacity with 105-amp/hr charging alternator
- Emergency override switch for starting from accessory batteries.
- 40-amp Sentry converter
- 110-volt outlets - in Galley and Head
- Xantrex XC5012 Battery Charger - 50-amp/12-volt
- Shore cord: 50-ft x 30-amp shore cord
Distribution panel: 12-volt breaker panel with separate 110-volt breaker panel.
Yawl rig – Main mast has longer sloop boom.
- Hinckley built aluminum spars with tapered aluminum spreaders.
- Stainless steel 1x19 rod rigging with turnbuckle tensioners
- Varnished teak shroud rollers
- Harken furling on headstay
- Spinnaker halyard and gear
- Mizzen staysail gear
- Storm trysail track on main mast
- Stainless steel genoa tracks on deck
- Stainless steel storm trysail track on mainmast
- 2nd jib halyard
- Lazy jacks for main sail
Winches: All Barient
- #32 ST primaries - cockpit
- #28 ST secondaries - cockpit
- #23 STC - main sheet
- #24 STC – main halyard
- #24 S jib halyard
- #24 S spinnaker halyard
- Mizzen halyard, sheet and staysail winches
- Winch handles
- Main – North, 2002 – to fit sloop boom
- 135% Genoa – North, 2002
- Mizzen, 2002
- Mizzen staysail
- Storm Trysail
- Storm Jib
- Main and mizzen covers
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.