ALLEGRO was one of the last B40’s built and as such her trim and finish level is more like the SW42 than earlier B40’s and should be at the top of the list for anyone looking for an excellent B40. She sleeps 5 in her Dinette/Nav interior that is finished in satin with gloss highlighted varnished mahogany with white overhead and a gloss varnished teak and holly sole . ALLEGRO is for sale from her second owner and has benefited from the experience and care of both owners who continuously and meticulously maintained and upgraded her.
Recent work includes:
- New Westerbeke 55hp engine installed 2014
- Galley countertop replaced 2014
- Galley sink and faucet replaced 2014
- New engine and start batteries 2014
- Dodger canvas replaced 2010
- All cabin cushion foam and covers new in 2007.
- All brass Frigast lights removed and replaced with same style brass Xenon units with lifetime warranty 2003, Still like new
- Tempurpedic mattress 2007
- New VacuFlush head and 18-gallon holding tank 2007
- Flag Blue Awlgrip Topsides
- Oyster White with Cloud Gray nonskid molded in
- White Boottop
- Gold Cove Stripe
- Green Bottom
- Teak-varnished exterior wood.
Solid fiberglass hull, reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Balsa cored deck is set in a 6’ flange which is molded into the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Nonskid pattern is molded into the deck.
- External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts
- Bronze centerboard is operated Hydraulically from helm
- Solid teak guard rail runs full-length just below sheer to protect topsides from pilings.
- Propane tanks are installed in lazarette locker (sealed and drained overboard)
- Toerail, taffrail and rubrail stripped to bare wood and built up with 8 coats of varnish 2009 and protected with maintenance coats annually since.
A large comfortable cockpit incorporates seating all the way around with varnished teak coamings designed at a height and angle for optimal back support when seated.
Cockpit features include:
- Dodger – White Sunbrella
- Tan with Blue/piping Cockpit cushions
- Edson pedestal wheel steering with integrated engine gear and throttle controls and binnacle mounted compass
- Stainless steel 40” wheel covered with elkhide cover
- Hinckley folding varnished teak cockpit table mounted on pedestal
- Hinckley varnished teak cockpit drink holders mounted above table
- White Sunbrella Binnacle/Wheel cover
- Adjustable height varnished teak Hinckley Helmsman seat mounted to mizzen mast
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming has built-in winch pockets.
- Removable teak grate over cockpit sole
- Watertight locking, opening seats offer sail locker storage.
- Spreader lights and foredeck floodlight are controlled from the cockpit.
- Cockpit floodlight
- Hydraulic control for centerboard with 10 LED position gauge mounted to starboard of helm
- Engine gauges behind plexiglass cover mounted in recess at forward end of cockpit with good visibility from helm.
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Autohelm 6000 Autopilot
- Raymarine RC 530 Color Chartplotter/GPS at helm (2006) and new binnacle guard
- Raytheon R-20 Radar
- Northstar 800 Loran C
- Icom IC- M504 VHF with DSC and Command III mic at helm
- Datamarine wind, speed and depth instrument -cockpit mounted next to the companionway
- Ritchie Globemaster compass - helm pedestal
- Gimbaled Ritchie (tell-tale) compass - forward cabin
- Pioneer 12-volt AM/FM CD - with speakers - mahogany and cloth trimmed in the main salon
- 15” flat screen 12v TV
- DVD player
- 16k BTU Air-conditioning with outlets in the main and forward cabins.
- Offset double berth on the port side with seat to starboard - provides more comfortable and functional berth than traditional v-berth.
- Custom Temperpedic innerspring mattress (2007)
- Seat cushions are covered in Teal UltraSuede fabric with tan piping and tufted and buttoned seat backs
- Storage below starboard seat
- Bookshelf to port and sheer lockers to starboard
- Forward door access to storage chain locker in forepeak
- Bureau to port aft of berth with shelf and locker above
- Hanging locker to starboard aft of seat
- One Hella fan
- Gimbaled Ritchie (tell-tale) compass mounted over double berth
- Large Hinckley overhead hatch provides great ventilation (hinges can open either forward or aft) and natural light
- Fixed portlights in varnished mahogany cabin liner provide additional light.
- Storage for companionway hatch screens above berth
HEAD (Next aft to port)
The Head is finished in #932 Antique White Formica with a white formica countertop.
- Kohler porcelain sink (Mexican Sant) with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water
- Telephone-style shower
- VacuFlush head with Y-valve to a 18-gallon holding tank or overboard discharge facility.
- Storage in lockers outboard of counter and below sink.
- The B40 signature 6-personal gear drawers behind a mahogany panel door
- Clothes hamper with tile inlays in top integrated into outboard section of counter
- Medicine cabinet
- Stainless steel towel bar/grab
- Overhead dorade provides continuous ventilation
- Opening port with screen for additional light and ventilation
The Main Salon features a large U-shaped Dinette to port and custom seating and pilot berth to starboard. The starboard seating includes two comfortable seats with a small table between with a storage locker below.
- Main salon cushions are covered in Teal UltraSuede with tan piping and tufted and buttoned seat backs.
- Varnished mahogany dinette table lowers to create double berth
- Outboard of the dinette seating are three lockers with shelves between and stereo speakers covered with mahogany and cloth trim. The fore and aft lockers are louvered. The center locker features custom stained glass center panels.
- Inside the center locker with custom stained glass doors is a TV compartment with a 15.5” 12v flat screen TV with DVD.
- One Hella fan
- Brass finished Frigast style reading lights at either end of dinette and pilot berth
- Large Hinckley overhead hatch with removable screen provides additional natural light and ventilation
- Dorade vent forward allows fresh air even when hatches are closed
- Forward of the seating and pilot berth to starboard is a large bureau with shelf and a locker with louvered doors above
- Classic recording barograph on bulkhead mounted shelf bracket.
NAV STATION (Aft starboard):
A proper Nav Station faces aft and has a full-sized opening varnished mahogany nav table and nav seat.
- Storage built-in below the nav seat and in shelving outboard of the seat
- Main battery switches and a custom Hinckley electrical panel with all AC and DC breakers and meters outboard of nav table. Electrical panel is hinged for easy access and upgrades.
- Overhead white and red dome lights
- Bulkhead mounted ships clock
- Radar positioned outboard of nav seat in alcove so visible from cockpit
Port of the companionway is the galley. Galley features include:
- New Corian countertop (2014) with stainless steel undermounted sink
- Single lever stainless faucet with pull out sprayer. (2014)
- Hot & cold pressure water
- Adler-Barbour 12-volt Cold Machine Refrigeration
- Gimbaled Shipmate 3-burner propane stove with oven
- Cover for stove creates additional counterspace
- Hot water tank is 12-gallon stainless steel.
- Hinckley varnished Mahogany glass holder with (6) Hinckley glasses
- Storage outboard and aft behind sliding varnished mahogany louvered doors
- Litton Microwave behind louvered sliding door.
Hinckley fabricated aluminum spars with Navtec rod rigging and tensioner.
- Harken II headstay system
- Spinnaker (MPS) halyard
- Full spinnaker gear with pole carried onmast.
- Single line reefing system led aft to cockpit.
- Block and tackle boom vang
- (2) Barient #24 STS secondary cockpit winches
- (2) Barient #28 STS primary cockpit winches
- Main mast winches for halyards
- Mizzen mast winches for halyards
- Main sheet winch on cabin top
- Main sail – North, fully battened Main with lazy jacks and sail cover
- 150% Genoa - Roller furling (2004)
- 105% Genoa - Roller furler (2004)
- Gennaker - with snuffer
- Mizzen sail with sail cover
- Mizzen staysail
Separate 12-volt systems for starting and accessories:
- Engine - 100 amp/hr battery (new 2014) charged with 53-amp Leese-Neville alternator
- Accessories - 375 amp/hr batteries (new 2014) charged with 105-amp Leese-Neville alternator
- Two 12-volt outlets on deck for handheld spot lamps
- Custom Hinckley electrical panel with breakers and gauges at nav station
- Shore power system (1) 30 amp connector for house demands and (1) 30 amp connector for AC and heating needs
- Sentry 40-amp converter with one 110-volt outlet
- Modified circuit breaker panel
- (2) 50 ft 30-amp cord with 30-amp to 15-amp adaptor
- (1) 50 amp splitter cord
Westerbeke FWC 55-hp diesel engine (New 2014)
- Hurth 2:1 reduction gear transmission (2006)
- Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge
- 3-blade fixed prop
- Automatic bilge pump
- Hydraulic centerboard lift with Navtec hydraulic controls at helm
- Adler Barbour Cold Machine 12v refrigeration system
- Fresh water deck wash
- Dinghy with outboard
- 16k BTU Air-conditioning with outlets in the main and forward cabins
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.