THISTLE is a keel/centerboard Hinckley 48 Yawl and can sleep 8 in three cabins. This classic traditional interior has 6' 9" headroom in the main salon, is finished in varnished mahogany with varnished teak and holly sole and also has custom finished caned-locker doors.
Aft cockpit has varnished teak coamings, a forward bridge deck and pedestal wheel steering:Large opening cockpit seats double as water-sealed storage bins and sail lockers.
Molded in nonskid on seat tops.
Engine controls, sheets, and winches are all easily accessible.
Full instrumentation panel.
Cockpit binnacle has stainless steel “destroyer type” wheel steering:Binnacle mounted compass with cover.
Stainless steel binnacle guard.
Some cockpit amenities include:Hinckley cockpit dodger with window.
Hood Awning - mainsail awning cover.
Teak folding cockpit table.
Teak cockpit sole grate.
Forward is the varnished teak hatch that leads to the interior accommodations below.
From the cockpit, down the aft companionway steps that lead into the Main Cabin with the Galley and Navigation Station port and starboard and the full-width Main Salon forward. Aft to port is the Master Stateroom with an Ensuite private Head. Next forward is the Forward Head and the Guest Stateroom forward most.
Interior is finished:
- Satin-varnished mahogany interior
- White overhead
- Varnished teak and holly sole.
- (2) Opening hatches, (4) ports (including two-opening ports) and the companionway hatch provide natural light and ventilation.
- Locker doors throughout have custom cane with varnished mahogany trim
Can sleep up to 8-persons in comfortable accommodations including:
- Aft Master Cabin, with ensuite head
- Navigation Station
- Main Salon
- Forward Head
- Forward Guest Cabin
AFT MASTER STATEROOM
Aft to port is the Master Stateroom that has a private ensuite Head forward to starboard.
The Master Stateroom features include:
- Wide berths are port and starboard.
- Drawer and drop-front storage under the berths.
- A seat is inboard the berth.
- Large hanging locker.
- Large opening port to the cockpit.
Ensuite Private AFT HEAD:
A solid mahogany door accesses the Owner's private head with shower.
- White Formica countertop
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures, including a hand-held telephone shower
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Marine head, plumbed to holding tank.
- Built-in waste bin
- Mirror over sink
- Locker storage outboard
NEXT FORWARD AMIDSHIP:
MAIN CABIN: Incorporates the Galley, Nav Station and Main Salon.
The Galley and separate Navigation Station are port and starboard next forward:
- Separated from the next forward full-width Main Salon by half bulkheads.
- Convenient to Cockpit and Dining area.
- Opening port in Galley and Nav Station
Amidship to port is the Galley, also convenient to the Dining area, and has a White U-shaped Formica countertop. Features include:
- Countertop double-hatch accessed 9-cu/ft. refrigeration (engine or 12-volt driven) with ice cube trays.
- Storage outboard
- Shipmate gimballed 3-burner propane stainless steel stove with oven - stove cover stowes behind stove.
- Lockers and shelf stowage outboard.
- Dome lights
- Integral mahogany handrail below the port
- Double stainless steel sink with fixtures, sprayer and pressure hot and cold water.
- Bin storage outboard the sink that is countertop hatch accessed.
- Storage under the sink
NAVIGATION STATION (Starboard):
Located opposite the Galley is the well-lit Navigation Station.
Nav Area features include:
- Mahogany nav table with white formica top and multiple chart drawer storage.
- Dome light
- Electronics mounted outboard
- Instrument gauges and switches
- Electrical breaker panel
- Opening port over.
- Integral mahogany handrail below the port
Electronics and Navigation Equipment:
- Autohelm 5000 autopilot with HD linear.
- Garmin hand-held GPS - with stainless steel mount at pedestal.
- Raytheon R-40 radar
- SEA SSB radio
- Icom IC-M45 VHF radio
- Handheld VHF radio
- Danforth 5” Constellation compass
- Naviman Wind Speed, Log, Anemometer, Depth Sounder
- Chart library - Block Island to Canada
- Satellite antenna mounted on mizzen
MAIN SALON, Amidship:
The full-width Main Salon offers:
- Area dining/entertaining and can sleep up to 4 persons
- Full 6' 9" headroom.
- Full-length port and starboard integral handrails under windows.
- 12-volt bulkhead lighting
- Opening overhead hatch with screen, allows more natural light and ventilation.
Port and starboard are:
- Cushioned settees/pull-out transom berths and a pilot berth outboard each settee.
- 6-Drawer storage under each fixed berth.
- Shelf outboard, port and starboard.
Hinckley gimballed, varnished mahogany dining table - with drop-leafs.
- Located centerline.
- Seats up to 8 people.
- The port forward bulkhead has a varnished mahogany bookcase.
- Forward starboard in the Main Cabin is a full-length hanging locker with shelves.
Located forward to port, the large separate Head has a solid mahogany door and is easily accessible by all forward accommodations.
This cabin features:
- Shower with mixing valve and hot and cold pressure water.
- White formica countertop on the varnished mahogany vanity.
- Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water
- Marine head has stainless steel custom holding tank with pump-out plumbing and “Y” valve.
- Waste bin
- Locker and drawer storage
- Electrical outlets
- Forced ventilation
This private Stateroom is finished in varnished mahogany and has a solid mahogany door.
Famit Marine aluminum main and mizzen masts and booms (1994 - Overhauled and Awlgripped).
Standing rigging of 1 x 19 super stainless steel wire to Stalock terminals, internal halyards (1993).
Custom metal mast boom and masthead (New 1982)
Harken roller furler.
Spinnaker gear, including twin spinnaker poles and a reaching strut.
New (2000) running rigging including main, spinnaker and staysail halyards, new main and genoa sheets, furling line, and topping lift.
- V-berth forward with cushions.
- Cushioned seat between.
- Drawers and stowage under berths.
- Shelves outboard
- Hanging locker aft starboard.
- Forward access to the divided chain locker forepeak.
- 12-volt bulkhead lights.
- Natural light and ventilation from opening hatch over.
WINCHES:(2) #28 SST winches
#22 SS main sheet winch.
#22’s SS on mast winch.
SST reef winch on boom.
SS main halyard wire winch.
SS spinnaker track wire winch
#1 OH SS downhaul winch
(2) #10 SS mizzen winches
All Barient winches:
SAILS:Newest set of sails 2006.
Hood Mainsail - Fully-battened, with 3 reef points, shelf foot and flattening reef.
#2 Furling Jib
#1 Light Genoa
180% Light Genoa
Spinnaker - Starcut
Newly installed (2006) panel for separate 12-volt DC electrical systems for starting and accessories:
Separate 12-volt DC electrical systems:
- (2) 6-volt starting batteries.
- (4) 12-volt 450-amp/hr house batteries.
110-volt AC electrical system:
- Shore power and shore power cord.
- LaMarche “Constavolt” battery charger.
- Prosine Xantrax 2-Kw Inverter/battery charger
Electrical circuit breaker panel includes:
Generator: Next Generation UCM2-515 generator - 175-hrs 7/2007.
2006 Yanmar Turbo 4JH3-TE diesel engine:
- 2001: Monel shaft and Max prop.
- 2000: Fuel gauges and senders
- (2) Engine alternators: 110-amp and 45-amp (Engine 45-amp alternator, rebuilt 2000).
- Allcraft 12-gallon hot water heater (new 2000) from engine or electrical system, located under the companionway steps.
- Little Wonder 8.5 gal/hr watermaker (New 2006)
- Stainless steel holding tank (new 2000) with pump-out plumbing for Y-valve.
- *Both heads rebuilt Winter 2000-1.
- Spare parts list includes: engine parts, steering cable, backstay, rigging items.
- Deck wash down systems.
- Engine-driven Jabsco bilge pump.
- Electric submersible bilge pump.
- Whale double-action bilge pump - by helm.
- Edson 18” diaphragm bilge pump.
- Fixed Halon automatic fire extinguisher.
- Portable fire extinguishers.
THISTLE is captain maintained and ready to sail away today. She is easily seen in the water at her Oxford, Maryland location.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. This listing is a courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey representation of a particular vessel.