To Learn More Contact
Hatteras 42 Cockpit Motor Yacht with twin Caterpillars is a favorite for extensive cruising with family and friends and as a liveaboard. Enjoy the spaciousness everywhere - salon, master suite with centerline queen, forward pullman double berth, 2 private heads with walk-in showers. Galley is down and flooded with natural light. Sundeck with hardtop will be your social gathering space when not on comfortable flybridge with all-around seating. Aft cockpit is a special feature, with full-width swim platform. She's ready for your next cruise!
Come to beautiful Charlotte Harbor's clean waters with no red tide or algae to buy and cruise this lovely Hatteras 42 motor yacht.
Cockpit Motor Yacht
Caterpillar 3126 turbo
1996 750.00 HRS 420.00 HP
1996 750.00 HRS 420.00 HP
From dock, admire heavily built, well-designed hull with reverse transom. Board at steps to cockpit. Notice cockpit locker and 30 amp and 50 amp shorepower cord receptacles. Walk through transom door to full length fiberglass swim platform. Go back to cockpit and up 4 steps to large hard-covered sundeck. Look at rail-high panels surrounding sundeck. Move forward and lift up large cover to observe sink with faucet, cup holder and storage cabinet. Proceed to port and up 3 steps to flybridge under canvas cover with isinglass curtains. Enjoy 360° view from heavily cushioned all-around seating. Sit at centerline pedestal helm chair to appreciate controls and instruments within reach. Return to sundeck and down 2 steps to side deck. Notice high stainless steel rails, lifelines, chain gate. Walk forward to bow and observe high stainless steel bow rail, anchor pulpit, claw anchor, electric anchor windlass with foot controls, additional anchor rode for your second anchor, and two double fender holders. Proceed aft along side deck to sundeck.
From sundeck, go to starboard, down 2 steps, open door and down 3 steps to salon. Note abundance of natural light through large side and forward windows, 6' 5" headroom, light ash wood trim throughout, and seating at upholstered chair and L-shaped sofa. Pull out sofa to reveal hide-a-bed. Turn aft and down 4 steps to master. Note Howard Miller bronze tide clock and Trident bronze barometer on passageway.
Open door to enter master suite. Enjoy 6' 5" headroom, spacious layout with diagonal walk-around queen berth, ample cabinet and drawer storage, plus 2 cedar-lined hanging lockers. Open door to starboard to enter master head. Observe long vanity with molded sink, cabinets above and below, Vacuflush head, and mirrors. Turn forward to open glass door to large shower with wand shower faucet. Exit head and notice mirrored door while returning up steps to salon.
Move forward from salon and down 4 steps to L-shaped galley. Notice abundance of overhead natural light and stone tile. Appreciate spacious counter workspace with large stainless steel sink and faucet and 2-burner electric stovetop. Look up to observe ample cabinet storage and mounted convection oven. Turn forward and open large refrigerator and freezer. Note drawer and cabinet storage below counter.
Turn starboard to observe electrical control panel. Open door and enter forward head. Observe molded sink in counter, mirrored cabinet above counter, Vacuflush marine toilet and cabinet below counter. Turn forward and open sliding glass shower door to observe walk-in shower with wand faucet.
Open additional forward head door to enter forward guest suite. Observe pullman style double berth above drawer and cabinet storage. Note shelf and anchor locker above berth. Open double doors to cedar-lined hanging locker. Observe mirror on door to galley.
This Hatteras 42' Cockpit MY is very spacious and comfortable for a family or group of friends to cruise extensively. Spacious salon with 6' 5" headroom is flooded with natural light. Salon has seating all around. Lovely light ash wood trim and airconditioning throughout interior. Sleeps 5 in two private staterooms and hide-a-bed sofa in salon. Staterooms have ample storage cabinets and drawers. Two privately enclosed heads with walk-in showers. Everyone will enjoy gathering on spacious sundeck and on flybridge underway, at dock or anchor. Aft cockpit is useful for docking and storage with transom door to full-width swim platform.
• Amidship salon with great views and natural light
• Salon has 6' 5" headroom
• L shaped settee to port with hide-a-bed
• Casual upholstered chair with table to starboard
• Master centerline queen berth aft
• Abundant cabinet and drawer storage in aft master suite
• Cedar lined hanging lockers in master suite
• Master head with long vanity, walk-in shower, vacuflush head
• Guest suite forward with double pullman-style berth
• Guest suite has ample cabinet and drawer storage, cedar-lined locker
• Forward head has 2 entry doors - forward cabin and galley
• Forward head has long vanity, walk-in shower, vacuflush head
• Large sundeck with hardtop and side panels below stainless steel rails
• Aft cockpit below sundeck with transom door to swim platform
• All around cushioned seating on flybridge
Ever popular L-shaped galley, down and forward of salon, is fully equipped
. Flushed with natural light from windshield and side windows above, and open to salon. Every gourmet chef and casual cook will enjoy meal and snack preparation with ample countertop work space, large refrigerator and freezer, 2-burner electric stove, convection/microwave oven, large sink. Plenty of storage in overhead and undercounter cabinets and drawers.
• L-shaped countertop
• Large GE refrigerator and freezer
• U-Line icemaker
• Sharp Carousel II convection/microwave oven
• Whirlpool 2-burner electric stovetop
• Large stainless steel sink and Delta faucet
• Deep storage aside sink
• Double 2-shelf cabinet above countertop
• Large cabinet above sink
• 2 cabinets below countertop
• 5 drawers
NAVIGATION ELECTRONICS AT HELM:
• Furuno radar
• JRC Fishfinder
• Simrad 34 autopilot
• Datamarine Navigator speed Log
• Datamarine International offshore depth with alarm
• Ritchie 3 3/4"Compass
• Tide clock
• Mitsubishi color TV and VHS player
• Alpine CHM 5600 CD changer
• Two 8D 908DFT batteries 3/2018
• Dytek 40 amp battery charger
• Alternator on each engine
• 50 amp shorepower receptacle at transom
• 30 amp shorepower receptacle at transom
• 30 and 50 amp shorepower cords
• Onan 9kw diesel generator in sound shield, 605 hours
• AC outlets throughout interior
• Twin Caterpillar 3126 diesel turbo 420 hp engines
• Hynotic hydraulic steering
• Glendinning engine synchronizer
• Bronze rudders
• Bennett trim tabs
• Walker Airsep system
• Hot/cold pressurized water system
• 10.5 gallon water heater
• 2 Vacuflush marine toilets
• Automatic and manual bilge pumps
• Groco 12v DC oil change pump with 3 way manifold and quick disconnects
• Centerline helm on flybridge with pedestal swivel chair
• Spacious U-shaped cushioned seating around flybridge
• Canvas and isinglass flybridge enclosure
• Nonskid side and forward decks
• High stainless steel rails on side and forward decks
• Sundeck with hardtop and side panels up to stainless steel rails
• Fiberglass insulated cabinet with sink, faucet and storage
• Full width cockpit aft and below sundeck with transom door
• Full width fiberglass swim platform with boarding ladder
• Anchor pulpit with roller, claw anchor
• Galley Maid mounted anchor windlass with up and down foot controls at bow
• 4 fender holders on bow rails
You will appreciate this find if you're looking for a comfortable cruiser and/or liveaboard. This Hatteras 42 Cockpit Motor Yacht with twin Caterpillars is a favorite for extensive cruising with family and friends and as a liveaboard. Enjoy the spaciousness everywhere - salon, master suite with centerline queen, forward pullman double berth, 2 private heads with walk-in showers. Galley is down and flooded with natural light. Sundeck with hardtop will be your social gathering space when not on comfortable flybridge with all-around seating. Aft cockpit is a special feature, with transom door access to full-width swim platform. She's ready for your next cruise!
This listing is presented to you courtesy of a member of the International Yacht Brokers Association and may be centrally listed with another broker. It is offered as a convenience by this broker/dealer to its clients and is not intended to convey direct representation of a particular vessel.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.