To Learn More Contact
This vessel must be seen to truly appreciate all it has to offer. If you have been searching for a truly exceptional vessel…you just found it! This 1998 Carver 445 Aft Cabin is a fresh water boat, always stored in heated indoor storage, has been described as being in “better then new” condition with a long list of unique and highly desirable extras. Below is a brief description of some of the extra’s this vessel has. The complete 12-page list is available upon request.
There is a custom hardtop over the bridge with three hatches and built in overhead lighting. The bridge and aft-deck each have an 18,000 BTU reverse cycle air conditioners for comfortable cruising. The aft-deck area has been modified from the factory “flush deck” to be water resistant allowing wall-to-wall high-grade carpeting with pad and living room style furniture. In addition, the aft-deck and bridge each have televisions with very elaborate sound systems. Above the aft-deck is an exterior seating area with a railing, exterior access ladder, sound system, indoor/outdoor carpeting, chairs and table for sky-high sight seeing while at anchor or in the marina. Finally, the bridge and aft-deck both have new (2017) Strataglass enclosures.
The elaborate and extensive helm must be seen to be believed and appreciated (pictures included). The (2012) Raymarine electronics include a 4KW Super High Definition Color Radar with a 48” Open Array, Raymarine e127 and e125 multifunction displays, Raymarine p70R Auto-pilot with X-10 corepack, two Raymarine i70 Programmable instruments (now set for Depth Finder and Speedometer) and a Raymarine SeaTalk hs Network Switch.
Additional helm controls include:
* Vetus bow and stern thruster controls (with remote). The thrusters are “over-size” 10” 24 volt (160kgf or 352lbf) units powered by four 4D-AGM 12v batteries each with dedicated ProMariner 24 volt digital programmable battery chargers. Emergency shutoff switches for each thruster are located at the helm.
* The anchoring system (new 2012) starts at the helm with a Maxwell AA-560 programmable controller with chain counter allowing automatic or manual control of the anchor deployment and retrieval. The Delta Anchor (chromed) has 300’ of 5/16 chain all of which is easily moved by the “over-size” Maxwell RC8-8 Windlass. You will never again have to hoist aboard a dirty muddy anchor and chain because under the bow-pulpit are five spray-heads connected to two high pressure 12v pumps that spray the chain and anchor clean while you sit comfortably at the helm. Priceless!
* At the helm station is a wired remote display panel for the 9Kw Kohler Generator. The remote panel has start and stop switches as will as oil pressure, engine temperature, amps and engine hours so you can monitor the generator function from the bridge.
* Also at the helm are four water detector alarms for the bilge, three bilge pump cycle counters, Bennett ECI-5000 LED trim tab indicator, spot light controls, Glendenning engine synchronizer, Raymarine VHF, Raymarine Loud/Hailer, SeaFire fire suppression system FA800, switches for extensive blue and blue/white lights on bridge, aft-deck, swim platform and forward deck, 9 blue Sea Digital Meters to monitor 250/125 volts and amps, volts for both thrusters and volts for both new (2017) 8D-AGM house batteries and new generator battery. A ProMariner digital programmable charger, charges the house batteries and generator battery.
* The 12v sound system (the second onboard 120v sound system is truly “over-the-top”} is also located at the helm and features a Fusion MS-AV700i head unit that is integrated into the Raymarine e125 multifunction display allowing DVD’s to be played at the helm, a 1600 watt and two 500 watt Fusion amplifiers power the four Fusion speakers and two Fusion sub-woofers on the bridge, two Definitive Technologies outdoor speakers on the upper exterior aft-deck and two JL Audio speakers on the forward deck.
* Most of the new electronics were added in 2012. To accomplish this the owner contacted the metal fabricating company that produced the original Carver aluminum dash panels and had new panels manufactured, painted and silk-screened. The new panels were made without most of the factory pre-cut holes for the (1998) factory-installed equipment. This allowed a “from-scratch” placement and installation of all of the new (2012) equipment in the dashboard. A beautiful job!
* Finally the Buell Duplex Air Horns powered by a tank of compressed nitrogen with an adjustable pressure valve means you will never have to ask “can you hear me now”?
Entering the salon you will notice the luxurious light colored carpeting with soft pad that is wall-to-wall throughout the interior space. The window blinds and carpet inside and out were new in (2014). In addition, in the salon there is the factory 16,000 BTU A/C system with a Marine Air “Breath Easy” air purification system installed in (2015). There is a built in 42” HD flat screen with surround sound system powered by two 875 watt Pioneer Receiver/Amplifiers connected to an OPPO, DVD/CD player. This surround sound system powers 13 Definitive Technologies Mythos speakers and two Definitive Technologies Super Cube Sub-Woofers throughout the interior of the vessel. The entire 120v sound system is controlled by a touch screen IR remote that works anywhere on the boat and beyond…unbelievable sound quality.
In the galley you will find a full size refrigerator/freezer, 3-burner electric stove, dishwasher, convection/microwave oven, coffee maker and built in washer and dryer. The dinette table seats 6 and folds down into a double bed with a comfortable insert for sleeping. Under the dinette seat is abundant storage and the Magnum Energy MS-2812 pure-sign-wave 2800w Inverter/Charger with remote programmable display, powered by eight, 6-volt (golf-cart) AGM-105 batteries and wired into the port engine alternator through a BS-7610 automatic charging relay with shut off.
Forward of the Galley is the V-Berth with an over-size twin bed, 26” flat screen TV, 9,000 BTU A/C and plenty of storage space. Adjacent to the V-Berth is the forward bathroom with Vacuflush toilet and separate stand-up shower.
The aft-cabin features a double bed, lots of storage space, a built in but hidden flat screen TV with it’s own surround sound system, a 16,000 BTU A/C and make-up desk. Adjacent to the bedroom is another bathroom with Vacuflush head and separate stand-up shower.
Off the galley, is the entrance to the carpeted engine room. To your right is the Kohler 9EOZ generator in a sound enclosure. The generator has 1,100 hours and a full maintenance log. The owner has changed the oil and oil filter every 25-30 hours.
The engines are Cummins 8.3L, 450hp Diamond Series with 1136 hours on each. There is a full maintenance log for both engines and the fastidious owner changes oil and oil filters every 25-30 hours. The starboard engine oil filter has been moved to the “inside” by Cummins Diesel for easy access. The hot water heater heat-exchanger has been plumbed to the port engine. Additional bilge pumps have been added including two 120v high volume pumps. There is a fuel transfer pump with flow-meter. The port holding tank discharge fitting has been re-plumbed to the starboard side for easier “pump-outs”. A new (2017) 250/125/50 volt 85’ power cord has been installed in the swim-platform Cable Master, so even the most distant pedestal can be reached.
Finally, the exterior gelcoat has a high gloss shine. The stainless steel rub-rail was replaced in 2015. In 2013 the bottom was sandblasted to bare gelcoat, given five coats of Interprotect Barrier Coat and two coats of black Bottomcoat.
This boat looks and preforms BETTER THEN NEW because it has been impeccably maintained, updated and improved! Take a look and see what you think.
Cummins just performed a 1,000 hour service on the main engines.
$25,000 PRICE REDUCTION!
445 Aft Cabin
Cummins 8.3 Litre Diamond Series
1222.00 HRS 450.00 HP
1222.00 HRS 450.00 HP
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change or withdrawal without notice.